Who We Are
PMEL is a laboratory made up of around 180 scientists, engineers, administrative and IT professionals located primarily in Seattle, Washington with a satellite campus in Newport, Oregon conducting research around the globe.
What We Do
For 50 years PMEL has been making critical observations and conducting groundbreaking research to advance our knowledge of the global ocean and its interactions with the earth, atmosphere, ecosystems, and climate.
- Arctic Climate Dynamics
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Climate Weather Interface
- Global Tropical Moored Buoy Array
- Global Observations of Biogeochemistry and Ocean Physics
- Ocean Carbon
- Ocean Climate Stations
- Pacific Western Boundary Currents
- Ecosystem & Fisheries-Oceanography Coordinated Investigations
- Genetics and Genomics
- Ocean Acidification