Re: [las_users] Specifying plot axis range

Roland,

I actually tried setting the range as part of the request, but I get
an "illegal limits" error, even though the range I set contains valid SST
values. Perhaps I have another problem. Should I be looking at how the axes
are set for my dataset, or is there a problem with my syntax?

Here's what I added to my javascript request:
  Req.setRange('z','15.0','33.0'); // Plot SST on axis with range 15-33
degrees C

Here's what I get in return:
: illegal limits: PHSSTA is not in the range Z=15:33 Axis extremes are
Z=-0.5:0.5;, ERROR RUNNING SCRIPT statement executed
 **ERROR: illegal limits: PHSSTA is not in the range Z=15:33
          Axis extremes are Z=-0.5:0.5
PLOT /NOKEY/SET/TITLE="Sea Surface Temperature mixed night and day: monthly
(degrees Celsius)"
PHssta[d=1,X=135:285,Y=0:0,Z=15.0:33.0,T="15-Dec-1997":"15-Dec-1997"]
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
STOP -script mode, ERROR RUNNING SCRIPT statement executed

It doesn't make sense to me that LAS expects the SST values to fall
between -0.5 and 0.5 since I can routinely generate plots of values well
outside that range.

Thanks in advance.

-Todd

--