Mac plugin that *may* enable Macs to use the LAS applet

Hi all,

I did a bit of Googling today and found many references to the following
plugin developed at Apple.  I don't have a system to test on but it
looks like this is supposed to address the JavaScript to Java issues on
Mac browsers.  It would be extremely helpful if someone could test this
plugin for us.

  http://homepage.mac.com/pcbeard/MRJPlugin/

Also, I ran into a few comments that the HotJava browser does the
JavaScript to Java communication correctly on Mac browsers.

-- Jon