Re: [ferret_users] several things

Hi -

On 7/26/2011 8:02 AM, Carlos Román Cascón wrote:
Hi,

I think I can't use FILL/CONTOUR because it's not a 2-dimensional plot?
I get an error if i change shade for fill... I am ploting height
(y-axis) Vs xlong in a concrete point of latitude.
Is there another way to smooth the image?
If you can do a SHADE plot then you can do a FILL plot.  Both are 2-dimensional plot commands. What error messages did you see? And exactly what commands were you using?

I have used the LABEL comand to put the name of the place that I need
where I need (I have used label/nouser ...and inches)

Now, I would like to plot a meteorological tower of 100 m (a little
stick in my graphic) in some concrete position.. Can I do it? I would
like to use a predefined image, but I can also use only a kind of stick.

I think I am going to need a posprocessing tool to do it..

There's nothing wrong with working with your image with a postprocessing graphics tool.  Or you might use the POLYGON command to put an image on your plot.   For example,
yes? use etopo20
yes? shade rose

yes?  ! see what the X and Y limits of the plot are.

yes? show symbol ppl$xmin, ppl$xmax, ppl$ymin, ppl$ymax
PPL$XMIN = "20.17"
PPL$XMAX = "380.2"
PPL$YMIN = "-89.83"
PPL$YMAX = "89.83"

yes? ! make a mark near London.  Because the x-range on the plot is 20-380, longitude 0
yes? ! must be expressed as 360.

yes? let xpt = 360
yes? let ypt = 50.5

yes? go polymark poly/over/palette=black/nolabel xpt, ypt, 1, tallbox, 0.8
You can define your own shape as well. There are a bunch of them defined in the script polyshape, so for ideas look there,
yes? go/help polyshape
You could use the polygon command itself, or stay with the polymark script - it's the easiest to use as it does the scaling for you.  If you want to define your own shape, you can make your own polyshape.jnl script, and keep it in a local directory where Ferret will find it before it finds the polyshape script that's part of the Ferret distribution.

Thank you very much for all

Carlos Román Cascón