Re: [ferret_users] How to turn on labeling on contour lines command?

Hi again,
There are some qualifiers on the CONTOUR command that let you control some of the contour options that are otherwise given by the PPLUS command conset.  See  CONTOUR/SPACING under
http://dunkel.pmel.noaa.gov:8980/Ferret/home/documentation/users-guide/customizing-plots/CONTOURING#_VPINDEXENTRY_860

(The label size is controled by CONTOUR/SIZE, and label significant digits by CONTOUR/SIGDIG.)

The spacing is relative to some local calculations that are going on inside pplus, and so when the grid is fine sometimes the labels don't show up. Try,

    contour/nolab/over/lev=(0.0,7.0,0.25)(7.,9,.5)/size=0.8/spacing=1 swh_smooth

and if you don't see labels, try even smaller values for /spacing.

I have added some text to the section in the users guide about CONSET so that that section points to the qualifiers under CONTOUR.  This documentation update will not be made public immediately but will go out the next time the users guide is published to the public web server.

Ansley