Re: [ferret_users] Converting missing values to "NaN"

Thanks all for your suggestions. As you can probably tell I am quite green when it comes to working with data in anything other than Excel files! Fortunately I am coming along faster than I thought I would.

Ansley, your suggestion to work this from the Matlab side of things seems to be the winner. Here's what I ended up doing:

>> missing = netcdf.getatt(ncid, varid, 'missing_value')

missing =

 -1.0000e+34

>> variable = netcdf.getvar(ncid, varid) ;

>> variable( variable == missing ) = NaN ;

Totally easy... Once it's all figured out!

Also, Ned, thanks for the heads up about ncgen. I'm sure I'll get some use out of that down the road.

Sam Rabin
     Graduate student
         Princeton University
         Ecology & Evolutionary Biology