Re: [ferret_users] Converting missing values to "NaN"

Hi -
I don't know matlab, but I find it hard to imagine that it couldn't handle netCDF files that have some other missing-data flag.  Aren't there tools within Matlab and its NetCDF handling code to do something with the missing-data flag in the netCDF file?

A quick Google search turned up this, which seems to have some commands to do this. Look for "Replace Missing Numbers (if necessary)"

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/26644-reading-and-animating-a-netcdf-file-of-sea-surface-temperature/content/NetCDF_and_SeaSurfaceTemperatureFiles/read_sst.m