Re: [ferret_users] appending many files into one with organised time series.

Hi Rahul,
Ferret has a capability called multi-file datasets, which uses a "descriptor file". This file lists the file names and locations, and information about their time axes. There are a couple of different tools, which have been contributed by users, which will take your list of filenames and write a descriptor file. Then you can point Ferret to that descriptor file and all the data appears as a single dataset.

Take a look at the topics under "descriptor file" in the Ferret Users Guide index (http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/index-1/index) and particularly the link to "tools for creating" under that. I think this will do just exactly what you need.

Ansley

rahul kashyap wrote:
hi friends,

I'm new in ferret.I've about 17 netcdf files with different start & end time.& I want one netcdf file with all data at correct place in new file.

I've tried "ncrcat" but it's just glueing all the files one after other & it is also not having gregorian dates now,so i'm having problem in plotting.
If anybody can help, it'd be very fruitful to me.please reply asap