Re: [ferret_users] appending many files into one with organised time series.

Hey Rahul,

the ncrcat (after the name) is just catering the files one after an other. Until further detailed help in ferret, you sould try using CDO's (www.mpimet.mpg.de/~cdo/) "mergetime" function.
Or have a closer look at "save/append" command in ferret (http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/users-guide/commands-reference/SAVE/?searchterm=save/append)

I think it is what you need.
Peter

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:35 AM, rahul kashyap <rahulkashyap411@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi friends,

I'm new in ferret.I've  about 17  netcdf  files with different start & end time.& I want one netcdf file with all data  at correct place in new file.

I've tried "ncrcat" but it's just glueing all the files one after other & it is also not having gregorian dates now,so i'm having problem in plotting.
If anybody can help, it'd be very fruitful to me.please reply asap