[ferret_users] appending many files into one with organised time series.

hi friends,

I'm new in ferret.I've  about 17  netcdf  files with different start & end time.& I want one netcdf file with all data  at correct place in new file.

I've tried "ncrcat" but it's just glueing all the files one after other & it is also not having gregorian dates now,so i'm having problem in plotting.
If anybody can help, it'd be very fruitful to me.please reply asap