[ferret_users] Store an array of georeferenced values for climate model

Greetings!
I have searched the mail archives, but have been unable to find a solution to my problem.

I want to create a netCDF file that contains an array of values that are referenced by latitude and longitude. Specifically, I have 4 regions in which I want to set N=300 and set N=100 otherwise. This array will then be supplied to a climate model.

The mask=if ... else command would be perfect, except it requires me to already have a data set from which I take a variable to analyze. The set region/x=/y= command would be perfect, except you can't "add" nonadjacent regions the way you can add masks.

Has anyone done this before?

Thank you very much!!