Re: overlaying with @asn on time axis

Liz,
This is due to a quirk in Ferret's 2-dimensional plotting.  Take a look
at this FAQ, which is about exactly this question:

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/custom_plots/time_series_overlay.html

Your original script works if you redefine your time axis t2 as
  define axis/t="1-mar-2001":"10-mar-2001":24/units=hours t2

Ansley Manke

Elizabeth Dobbins wrote:
Hi;

I've gotten 2 answers already!

Jean Newman suggested define 2 identical viewports and using one for the
shade plot and one for the overlay.

Mick Spillane suggested adding a T0 to the 2nd time axis:
 define axis/t="1-mar-2001":"10-mar-2001":1/t0="28-feb-2001"/units=days t2
Then it works fine in the example, but still not quite in my more
complicated problem.  Still I think he's right when he suggested that the
overlay is simply offscale somewhere, so I'm going to follow up on that
idea.

Liz