NOTICE: Mention of a commercial company or product does not constitute an endorsement by NOAA/PMEL. Use of information from these technical notes concerning proprietary products, or the tests of such products for publicity or advertising purposes, is not authorized.
OCS Tech Notes
The following Technical Notes describe issues with mooring systems or instruments, or describe standard operations or activities for OCS mooring work.
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 1: Ocean Climate Stations High-Latitude Buoy Manual
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 2: Data Drift in Load Cells from Load Cell Central
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 3: Investigation of Rotronic HygroClip
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 4: Capacity Issue with AA Li Batteries in SBE37's
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 4.1: Capacity Issue with AA Li Batteries in SBE37's - Addendum
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 5: Wind Speed Variability of Vaisala WXT520
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 6: Ship Requirements for OCS Buoy Servicing
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 7: Investigation of RH Calibration Method - Updated July 2016
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 8: Flex Battery Depletion in PA006 Mooring
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 9: Salinity Drift in Deep Seabird Instruments
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 10: Designing Stronger ATRH Mounts
- PMEL OCS Tech. Note 11: Systematic Outlier Longwave Radiation Measurements at KEO
OCS / Saildrone Tech Notes
Technical Notes listed here describe research and development efforts performed in collaboration with Saildrone, Inc. Reports are grouped by project.
Project 1: ADCP Integration and Testing
- PMEL OCS / Saildrone Tech. Note 1-1: PMEL Science Requirements for ADCP on Saildrone
Project 2: Direct Flux Measurement Development and Analysis
- PMEL OCS / Saildrone Tech. Note 2-1: Direct Flux Measurements on Saildrone