[las_users] No LAS display of aggregated data set with LAS 7.3

When trying to incorporate an aggregated dataset and display in LAS, no plots are available when the dataset is first selected.  No errors are produced in Catalina.out.  This is what I see when clicking the question mark for the aggregated dataset that does not display in LAS:   2012-01-01 00:00:00 : $taxis.hi

The aggregated dataset consists of 225 files using a JoinExisting clause.  Each dataset has a time value in seconds since 1981-01-01.  I am able to use Thredds catalog to retrieve the time values.  They range from 978220800 to 997574400 with increments of 86400 for each step.  AddXML produced a time statement using units = days which is what each file represents.

I can trick LAS into displaying a plot by accessing a totally different dataset with a date within the range of the aggregated data and then reselecting the aggregated data set but only the first three option buttons are accessible at the top.  I was able to find this error message in another tomcat log:

Velocity  [error] Left side ($request.getParameter('openid')) of '!=' operation has null value. Operation not possible. /productserver/templates/zoom.vm [line 31, column 38]

We are using Ferret 6.72.  Any suggestions?  Would Ferret 6.8 help?

Penny Oots