[las_users] LAS v8.0 Beta is now available

Hi,

Our goal is to release early and often.  We certainly fall short of that, but in that spirit we are pleased to announce that we have a beta release available of the latest LAS software.  We've completely revamped the user interface with this release and fixed some important bugs on the server side.

You can read the release notes here: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/LAS/documentation/release-notes-v8.0/

You can grab the distribution here: ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/pub/las/las-v8.0-beta.tar.gz

We encourage to you to install the new version (most likely in a separate tomcat container from your production site) and give it a test drive with your data.  Then send your comments to the mailing list.

If you just want to try the new user interface we have it running with the default data sets at: http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/lasV8/UI.vm

Roland and the LAS Team