Re: [las_users] LAS "mashup" using Google Maps API

Hi Todd,

Not sure how this message slipped through. (Well, I'm lying -- LOTS of email messages slip through these days). Anyway, sorry for the delay responding. :-[

What you have created is a very nice, easy-to-use and highly simplified UI. There are definitely needs for highly simplified UIs. Please keep us in the loop with this. And stay tuned for the V7 (alpha) UI that will be coming out of our shop pretty soon. There may be some map-rectangle tools that you can borrow from the V7 alpha to make yours even a little easier to use.

   - Steve

==============================

Todd Viola wrote:
If anyone is interested, I just posted a working example of a custom LAS query form that uses the LAS Javascript components and a simple Google Map to enable users to select a geographic region. I still have some scripting to do to make things more user-friendly. For example, I want to change the behavior of the draggable map markers when the user requests a 1D plot vs a 2D map. All in good time.

In the meantime, here's the working prototype. I'd welcome suggestions.
http://www.dataintheclassroom.org/content/lasquery/el-nino/v2/data-form.html

Jonathan, I appreciate the encouragement, and I *love* the DateWidget. That made things easier. Is the LongitudeWidget that's mentioned in the documentation available yet, or will that be part of the next release?

Regards,
Todd

--
Steve Hankin, NOAA/PMEL -- Steven.C.Hankin@xxxxxxxx
7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men
to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke