Re: LAS install failed on RedHat AS 3.0

Tony,

Your list of failed modules is the following:
Data-ShowTable-3.3 NOK
DBD-mysql-2.1017 NOK
Digest-MD5-2.20 NOK
netcdf-perl-1.2.1 NOK
Template-Toolkit-2.07 NOK
Time-HiRes-1.50 NOK
The netcdf-perl module is in a class by itself as it is not part of CPAN and doesn't adhere to the standard procedure for installing perl modules.  For this one I'd recommend installing netcdf-perl-1.2.3 that is part of the latest LAS release (6.5 beta).  I've heard they have fixed several bugs and it installs much better.

The rest of your modules are all CPAN modules and my first thought would be to install them even though they fail some of their internal tests.  We occasionally have to do that -- the tests that fail are often for esoteric functionality we don't use.

The only module where I'd pay a little more attention is the DBD-mysql module.  Did this installation perhaps fail because mysql wasn't running or the module didn't have the correct permissions to connect?

I hope this helps.

-- Jon

Tony Jolibois wrote:
		Hi all,

We're trying to install old version of LAS (6.0) on Redhat Advanced Server 3.0, but configure failed.

Perl modules can't be compiled.

Here is a list of modules installed by hand and the status

Bit-Vector-6.1 OK
CGI.pm-2.81 OK
Compress-Zlib-1.16 OK
Data-ShowTable-3.3 NOK