Considering axis edges

Hi,
I want to put a z-t-dataset at LAS, which has axis-edges definition attached to vertical co-ordinates. Displaying a time series with the ferret shade command, these edges define
the vertical size of grid cells and the 2D-plot can show nicely the position of sensors in the
middle of the grid cells.

With LAS the mid points of cells define the vertical co-ordinate. So far, I can select
t-line from the views menue and choose the depth of the sensor from the t-coordinate.

However, with a z-t-plot, the sensor positions appear to mark the limits of the vertical axis. This is so, because a "set region" command is issued leaving the constrains menue, I guess from Ferret.pl. A custumized "script_setup_region.jnl" does not help. Customizing a script_std_gif.tmpl helps in so far,
that I can issue "can region/z" here. This gives a 2D-plot in the desired shape as long as I
want to display the full span of z-values. Any restriction on z is also cancelled. So this is not
the best solution.

I could use the edges to define the z-axis. This works for the z-t-plot. However, people
use to know the depth of the sensors and looking for data they are confused by the
different depth values in the menue. In addition, there is one z-value more.

So my question:

- is there a way to set up the axes with correct depth in the mid of grid cells
but to define the vertical region from the axis edges?
- Alternatively, is it possible to set up an axis menue, which offers different values, in dependence on the view-menue?
Many thanks in advance,
Martin Schmidt