insitu_setup bug fix & CVS repository question

Hello all,

I had been having problems displaying any of the scattered data plots that used Longitude, particularly Overview plots and Profile Location plots.

A look at the code for insitu_pie_xy.tmpl indicated that the plotting code took account for modulo longitudes by issuing the polygon command twice, once for the longitude range, and again for the longitude range + 360. However, the insitu_setup.jnl code was always adding 360 degrees to negative longitudes.  So for my North American plots at negative longitudes, nothing was appearing.  A minor modification to the insitu_setup code seems to have cleared up several of the difficulties I had been encountering...

I simply commented out line 121 in insitu_setup.jnl:
	!let jlon   = IF jlon_ GE 0 THEN jlon_ ELSE jlon_+360

and modified line 129 in insitu_setup.jnl from
	let jlon   = IF xax GE 0 THEN xax ELSE xax+360
	let jlon   = xax ! IF xax GE 0 THEN xax ELSE xax+360

With these minor changes, the RDB outputs are looking quite nice.

I think I have also found the problem in the server-side Java that is limiting the non-applet map tool to integer-only lat/long regions.  However, I don't think I have the latest Java source, and the CVS repository indicated in the installation documents does not appear to be on-line.  Is the jaguar.pmel.noaa.gov server still available?

Cheers, Mike