Re: LAS v6.1 and applet error message

Paul,

I will assume you are running the browser on a Windows platform where the applet should work.

Thinking out loud:

1) You got the Dataset and Variables pages so there are no overriding permission problems with Tomcat accessing MySQL.

2) You were able to finish the configuration process so the default image should have been loaded into MySQL.

3) Are you perhaps using a custom image for this particular dataset?  If so this email exchange may pertain:

  http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/mail_archives/las_users/fu_2002/msg00250.html

4) Otherwise I'd do the following:

That's all I can think of at the moment.  If your problems persist please respond with your server OS and your client OS and browser.  The URL of your site would also help in debugging.

-- Jon

Paul Hasenohr wrote:

Hi all,

I just installed LAS v6.1 and I got a java error message when I reached the
Constraints page both with IE6 and Mozilla 1.1.
Here is the message I received in the Mozilla java console :

Error loading image...
setMode(single)
java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at LiveMap_30.setMode(LiveMap_30.java:1043)
        at sun.plugin.liveconnect.PrivilegedCallMethodAction.run(Unknown Source)
        at sun.plugin.liveconnect.SecureInvocation$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at sun.plugin.liveconnect.SecureInvocation.CallMethod(Unknown Source)

I had no problem with LAS v6.0.

The image file is in jakarta\webapps\las\classes\gifs

Have you any idea of what could be wrong ?

Thanks
Paul Hasenohr