Re: LAS 6.0 Installation

Thanks a lot Joe.  Telling the configure script to use the fully qualified
name did the trick.

The following isn't directed to you specifically Joe since you indicated
that you weren't sure about the web server interaction.

I'm still confused about if Apache is or should be used at all.  It seems
that all of the functionality is through the Tomcat server so all I'd be
using the Apache server to do is to redirect to port 8080.  If I want the
LAS 6.0 URL to be :

	http://rocky.umeoce.maine.edu/las6

then I'm thinking that I'd just create the las6 directory and put an
index.html that contains a META Redirect to the port 8080 server at:

	http://rocky.umeoce.maine.edu:8080/las6/servlets/dataset

This would just make it easier for people to remember the URL and type it
in.

Is this what the recommended setup is?

Thanks,

Steve

 Steve Cousins                 Email: cousins@umit.maine.edu
 Research Associate            Phone: (207) 581-4302
 Ocean Modeling Group
 School of Marine Sciences     208 Libby Hall
 University of Maine           Orono, Maine 04469