CPAN installation

Hello las_users,

I am installing LAS and as you are aware one of the pre-requisites is to have a
few CPAN modules installed as listed in the installation document. As I get
into the CPAN shell, and try to do install or get, I am told LWP is not
installed. Now -

1) Is there a way to install CPAN modules without LWP?
2) Can I reinstall CPAN all over again from fresh?
3) If I manually install the perl modules that are required (which I have
downloaded) how do I link these with existing perl libraries?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Naveenta

Naveenta Anand