Re:

Hi Rong,

X Windows emulation software from StarNet is known to work with Ferret.  Perhaps the problem is in the X windows setup you are using. Starting Ferret with the
'ferret -gif' command will create the file correctly. In order to see the image before saving it you will probably need to change the X server visual setting from
TrueColor(24-bit)  to PseudoColor (8-bit). The next release (v5.41) of Ferret will work with  TrueColor.

Joe

--
NOAA/PMEL/TMAP   "I know what I'm doing"