Re: perl URI::URL and LAS 5

The "use URI::URL" enhancement was added some time ago and will be available in the 5.2 release of LAS (or via CVS now if you're impatient).

At 11:11 AM 1/15/2002 -0700, Dave Brown wrote:

Cyndy,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have looked in the archive.

But I do have the suggestion that rather than expecting ordinary
LAS installers to have to learn about the need for this patch and
figure out how to modify their perl installation, the whole
problem would go away if the configure.pl script simply added
the line

use URI::URL;

somewhere before the 'new' call. I think this would work regardless
of whether the module patch is installed, since if URI::URL is
already loaded, this statement becomes a no-op.
  -dave
  dbrown@ucar.edu