Re:how to make monthly mean and climatology error bar

Hi all,

Steve answered my questions I posted days ago.

climatology error bar can be derived from variance of the climatological
means. FERRET has a command to get this variance
"let variance = timeseries[gt=month_irreg@modvar]"

monthly means (not climatological means) can be got from
"let monthly = timeseries[gt=monthly_axis@ave]"
where monthly_axis should be defined by user to specify the particular
time stamps. for example, for a time series
"1-apr-1989:00:00:00":"31-may-1996:12:00:00":12/unit=hours , you can
define the monthly_axis as "15-apr-1989":"15-may-1996":730.5/unit=hours

Thanks,

Dongxiao

Dongxiao Zhang
Division of Meteorology and Physical Oceanography
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, FL 33149
Phone  : (305)361-4806
Fax    : (305)361-4696