Multi Netcdf files

Hello,

I have data in the form of monthly means, stored in files of twelve
timesteps (i.e. one year of data per netcdf file). I would like ferret to
treat my data as one data set (e.g. assuming I have two files, to recognise
timesteps L=1:24).

I presume I need to use the MC descriptor file set up. Is there a command
in a descriptor file to declare more than one timestep per netcdf file? If
so, what is it and is there anything else I need to know to solve the
problem?

Thanks in advance,

Graham Gladman