Re: web movies

Hi Steve,

A good solution to Web animations is to convert the Ferret-generated animations
to MPEG format. MPEG is widely supported and quite a lot more compressed than
the collection of images in an HDF raster-8 file (as used by the xds
application) -- hence faster to transmit over the Web.

You can retrieve a message that explains how to make MPEGs (on Unix platforms)
from the Majordomo archive (send the message "help" to
Majordomo@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov for instructions). That message was Fri Jun 21,
1996 "Ferret how-to:  Making MPEG animations".

... or wait a little bit for the upcoming announcement of an FAQ file on the
Web which will contain that message among others.

	cheers - steve

--

		|  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin	|  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744
		|  Seattle, WA 98115-0070  |  hankin@pmel.noaa.gov

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP