netCDF files and GUI interface

Hello,

I have started today with ferret and have not advanced beyond the
gui-interface. Which I must say is neat. Well designed and very user
friendly (I could do everything I wanted without looking at the user's
guide).

The problem I encountered was that I could not read my netCDF files ending
with ".nc". I have seen in previous mails that there is a solution for the
normal interface but it would be nice if ".nc" was also tolerated by the
gui-interface. ".nc" being the extension chosen by COARDS !

I intend top use FERRET to give colleagues access to a database through
the Web. I was impressed by the examples you give on the NOAA page.

	All my best wishes for the future of this nice product.

		Jan Polcher

Jan Polcher                                              TEL: -33-1-44322243
Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique du CNRS            FAX: -33-1-43368392
École Normale Supérieure     24, rue Lhomond    75231 PARIS cedex 05, FRANCE
http://www.lmd.ens.fr/~polcher/                           polcher@lmd.ens.fr