Re: Ferret and netCDF...

Hi Ferret users -

Gary Strand just pointed out Ferret does not yet automatically recognize files
ending in .nc as NetCDF, when you use the "set data" command with no
qualifiers.

Until this can be remedied, you may open the data set with the alias "use", or
specify the format when opening the file using "set data/format=cdf".  For
example

  use my_cdf_dataset.nc

or equivalently

 set data/format=cdf my_cdf_dataset.nc

to open these .nc files.

	Cheers,

	Jerry

On Jul 25, 10:16am, Gary Strand wrote:
> Subject: Ferret and netCDF...
>
> One little 'quirk' I've noticed that's still present in v4.3 - when a netCDF
> file is suffixed '.nc' (the standard) instead of '.cdf' (the old standard)
fer-

                        http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/gary

--
davison@noaapmel.gov

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP