Ferret and netCDF...

One little 'quirk' I've noticed that's still present in v4.3 - when a netCDF
file is suffixed '.nc' (the standard) instead of '.cdf' (the old standard) fer-
ret goes into convulsions. I get tons of:
 d_type
 d_format
 d_source_class
 d_source
 d_subsource
 d_prog_rev
 $end $format_record

running up my screen, needing a ^Z and kill %1 to correct. Is there a fix in
the plans for ferret so that a 'set dat X.nc' doesn't continue to do this?

ferret v4.30 on Sun Sparc 10 model 41 running SunOS 5.4 and X.
--
Gary Strand
strandwg@ncar.ucar.edu                         http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/gary

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP