[ferret_users] problem with pour quality Fprint output for ferret-6.9 but not ferret-6.8.4.2

Hi all;
Is there a way to fix the lousy Fprint quality of ferret-6.96 with its varying darkness of labels?

Attached are two plots created with identical scripts,
using:
ferret-6.8.4.2 : fer8.4.pdf
ferret-6.96 : fer96.pdf

The former looks fine, the latter is not publishable.

THe script is:
use etopo20
ppl conset 0.25
ppl shakey 1, 1, 0.2, 0, 3, 9
set mode meta
shade rose; go land 1
can mode meta
shade rose; go land 1
can mode meta
effectively spawn  Fprint -o $1.ps -l cps metafile.plt

How can I fix this so that I can use the newer ferret versions?

Cheers,

Lev

Lev Tarasov -   Dept of Physics and Physical Oceanography,
		Memorial University of Newfoundland.
                email: lev@xxxxxx
                http://www.physics.mun.ca/~lev/
		Tel (709)-864-2675