Re: [ferret_users] order=Y-X for ASCII file?

Ansley and Ferret users,

> To handle the reversing of the x axis, once you've got the data into
> Ferret, you could use the XREVERSE function,
>
>> use/order=yx diffsol.nc
>>       let hreverse = xreverse(h)

I think this is the answer!

As you say, the result is on an abstract axis, so we assign
the correct axis to it:

define axis/x=0:-90000:100/units=kilometers xax
define axis/y=-6000:-2000:10/units=kilometers yax
define grid/x=xax/y=yax mygrid
file/var="xpnt,ypnt,hr"/grid=mygrid/order=YX/skip=1 diffsol.dat
let h0 = xreverse(hr)
let h = h0[gx=xax@ASN] ! <-- assign correct axis.

This works.

The ORDER qualifier works for ASCII files,
although the "ORDER=Y-X" notation doesn't.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ryo
P.S.  If anybody wonders why I get this
reversed X axis in the first place . . .
I'm doing a somewhat complicated
Sverdrup-like calculation (outside Ferret)
and so I'm saving the solution in the order
of x = 0, -100 km, -200 km, etc. because
that's how Rossby waves propagate.