[ferret_users] Problem with vector plot

Hi ! all

Is there any solution in ferret to overlap vector and printing the vector scale ???

I tried following

! Plot vector using wind u and v component

vector/color=red/nolab u,v
ppl veckey/nouser/over 0,-0.5,,(f4.1)
ppl vector

! Overlap u and v component of current
vector/color=blue/nolab/over u_current,v_current
ppl veckey/nouser/over 0,-0.5,,(f4.1)
ppl vector

Here I don't know why I am not getting 2 vectors together even though I used over command, if I use simply following command I could see both vectors but ferret logo and many labels are coming

vector/color=red u,v
vector/color=blue/over u_current,v_current

and is there any possibility to save date in variable ?
for example
yes? list /l=1:10 t[gt=time]
             VARIABLE : T
                        axis TIME
             SUBSET   : 10 points (TIME)
 20-SEP-2010 00 /  1:  76963.
 21-SEP-2010 00 /  2:  76964.
 22-SEP-2010 00 /  3:  76965.
 23-SEP-2010 00 /  4:  76966.
 24-SEP-2010 00 /  5:  76967.
 25-SEP-2010 00 /  6:  76968.
 26-SEP-2010 00 /  7:  76969.
 27-SEP-2010 00 /  8:  76970.
 28-SEP-2010 00 /  9:  76971.
 29-SEP-2010 00 / 10:  76972.

here I want to save only first column to some variable say date_var, so that it will help me to in label
example :
let label_t = date_var[i=1]
label 120,41,0,0.22 `label_t`
 !-> DEFINE VARIABLE label_t=date_var[i=1]
 !-> PPL %LABEL 120,41,0,0.22 07-DEC-2012

Kindly someone help me...

Dona Clara.