Re: [ferret_users] Customizing multi-line plot

Hi,
You can change the definitions of the colors of lines, so that for instance line1 is black, line2 is blue, line3 is light black, etc.  Then plot all the lines together and let Ferret draw the legend.  Try this:
yes? ppl color,2,0,0,100
yes? ppl color,3,70,70,70
yes? ppl color,4,60,80,100

yes? use coads_climatology
yes? plot/thick/L=1 sst[y=-20], sst[y=-10], sst[y=0], sst[y=10]

For other styles of legends, search the list archives for "legend".  There are several scripts that people have contributed, which let you draw line legends in a small box in a corner of the plot.

Ansley