[ferret_users] How to plot multiple profiles in single ascii file without splitting

Hi !

I am just trying to plot multiple profiles in single ascii file
without splitting..

case is something like this..

assume file.txt is data file containing 10 profiles from 10 stations
S1,S2.....S10

here first I want to overlap all profiles and want to save as gif

and then I want to save individual profiles say profile1.gif
profile2.gif ....profile3.gif without using either awk or any shell
commands,

Here new station can be identified by depth value, assume only
downcasts are saved in file

if depth[i+1] is greater than depth[i] then data is from current station

if depth[i+1] is less than depth[i]  break ....then that point should
be considered as next station

those who know kindly help me in implementing in my script, time being
I am splitting profiles using AWK and then reading text file one after
another using counter.

- Akshay