[ferret_users] accessing ftp data from ferret

Hi,
  I want to access a large netcdf file (175 mb) from a ftp site. I installed netcdf using --enable-dap also. Even the command "nc-config --has-dap" also says "yes". I could even access some of the dods server files also in ferret. But when I am trying to access a netcdf file in ftp site, it is giving the following error.
**netCDF error
             NetCDF: I/O failure (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code -68)
I used the following command:
use "ftp://username:password@ftpsiteaddress"

How can I overcome this error ?
Any help in this regard is appreciated.