Re: [ferret_users] Multiple valued attributes?

Title: Multiple valued attributes?
Hi Mike,
Ferret has syntax to define attributes and SET their properties.  This complies with the CF standard, but some parts of the standard aren't implemented.

-- The type presently can be set only to FLOAT or STRING
-- You can assign a multi-value attribute   DEFINE ATTRIBUTE/OUTPUT/TYPE=float  flag = {1,3,5,0,9}

There's no reason we couldn't allow for more types in the future. The only ones we'd have trouble with are double-precision ones, as the values pass through a single-precision internal Ferret variable.  Here is the documentation about access to netCDF attributes in Ferret,

http://porter.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/home/documentation/users-guide/variables-xpressions/VARIABLES#_VPINDEXENTRY_attributes

Ansley