[ferret_users] merge in time

Dear Users,
i have two data sets, both are on the same x-y grid, with same variable name. The first variable is only one timestep, while the second one consists of 360 (the name of the time axis is the same also). I want to merge them to get a variable with 361 points in time. The first timestep should be the first variable (with one point in time).
I tried looking through the archive, but none of the messages helped. Is there any simple way to do that?
I know i could do this with an other program.

Any help would be appreciated,
Peter Szabo