Re: [ferret_users] merge in time

Peter,

I recently had a similar question using an ASCII temp file:
http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2009/msg00356.html
You can also use the save/append option when writing a netcdf file.

Hope this helps,
Fabian

Peter Szabo wrote:
Dear Users,
i have two data sets, both are on the same x-y grid, with same variable name. The first variable is only one timestep, while the second one consists of 360 (the name of the time axis is the same also). I want to merge them to get a variable with 361 points in time. The first timestep should be the first variable (with one point in time). I tried looking through the archive, but none of the messages helped. Is there any simple way to do that?
I know i could do this with an other program.

Any help would be appreciated,
Peter Szabo

--
Fabian Lienert                  |  Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis
PhD Student                     |  Meteorological Service of Canada