Map data from one type of time axis to another

Hi Ferret users:

My data file is the daily uflx from NOAA/CDC, i.e, "uflx.sfc.gauss.1964.nc". The time axis is
such that "hours since 1-1-1 00:00:0.0" with the starting time at 17207328 hr and ending time
at 17216088hr. I'd like my time axis to be simply the days i,e, from 1 to 366 (otherwise the MOM4
code doesn't take it). I know that I can define a new axis and map the data to new axis
( i.e, define axis /t=1:366:1 time1; let new_uflx=uflx[gt=time1@ASN] ), but after I look at the new_uflx
data, it's no longer the same as the uflx towards the end of the data record.

I wonder how can you map the data from one type of time axis to another with different units?

Thanks,

Zhen

content by GMAO's MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.