Fail to install in Red Hat -- help me please

Dear ferret users:
 I hope to install Ferret to my machine, which is [gcc
version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110)]. I
downloaded Ferret v5.80 and installed it. But it
complained "error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory" when I run "ferret". I also
downloaded Ferret v5.53, which built with gcc/g77
v2.96. But I had the same problem. I also used the
shared-object library files provided at your web page
that for Ferret v5.41 using at RedHat Linux 7.3, but I
could not solve the problem. Can anyone teach me me
know how to install Ferret to my machine
correctly? Thank you.

Pingtong Zeng