Re: Fail to install in Red Hat -- help me please

Hello Pingtong Zeng -

Which build of Ferret v5.80 for linux did you download? We have two listed on the web page, one built using rh 7.1, and one built using rh 7.9. It might be worth trying to install whichever version you didn't originally install.

Kevin

pingtong zeng wrote:

Dear ferret users:
I hope to install Ferret to my machine, which is [gcc
version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-110)]. I
downloaded Ferret v5.80 and installed it. But it
complained "error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory" when I run "ferret". I also
downloaded Ferret v5.53, which built with gcc/g77
v2.96. But I had the same problem. I also used the
shared-object library files provided at your web page
that for Ferret v5.41 using at RedHat Linux 7.3, but I
could not solve the problem. Can anyone teach me me
know how to install Ferret to my machine
correctly? Thank you.

Pingtong Zeng