Re: conset command

Hi Claire,
            Few PPL commands are stand alone, so you can give them anywhere
in the sript (like CONPRE, CONPST, ALINE etc, but should be given before or
after making the plot according to the nature) and few of them are not, so
should be given between the plot/fill/shade/vector command with a "/SET_UP"
qualifier and PPL plot/fill/shade/vector (like CONSET, SHAKEY etc). I think
these PPL commands (CONPRE, CONPST, CONSET) will work at least for Ferret
versions 5.2 onwards.

Please have a look at the user manual for details about the conset command
(Appendix C Sec2.4.  CONSET) and the possible options with the contour
command (Ref Sec3.  CONTOUR).

One advantage with Ferret is that you can do one thing in several ways.
Have a trial with the following example. Please note that the qualifiers
like /SIZE, /SIGDIG, /SPACING with contour command allows easy control over
the contour labels.

Hope this helps

With Regards

Jaison

!----------example.jnl--------------------------

     set data coads_climatology

! set the font style and suffix for contour labels

     PPL CONPRE @TR
     PPL CONPST ^oC  ! in your case ==> PPL CONPST cm

! use /SIZE to specify the font size for contour labels

     contour/l=1/x=30:120/y=-30:30/levels=(23,30,1)/SIZE=0.12 sst
     go land 7

     message

! another method : use ppl conset to set the font size for contour labels

     contour/l=1/x=30:120/y=-30:30/levels=(23,30,1)/SET_UP sst
     ppl conset 0.12   ! between /SET_UP & ppl contour
     ppl contour
     go land 7

!----------end of example.jnl-------------------

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Livingston, Claire wrote:

> First of all...
> Happy Holidays everyone!!
>
> Ok, now my problem.
> I'm trying to make my contour labels larger.  I found the command:
> ppl conset 0.15
> but no change in my plot.  I even went nuts and changed the 0.15 to a 0.5;
> still no change.
> So, I used the command ppl conpst @CIcm to add "cm" to my contour label, and
> lo and behold, it took!  At least I know some ppl con... commands are
> working.
>
> Are there versions of Ferret that won't recognize conset?  I downloaded this
> version 2 years ago.
> Any suggestions how to make this work?
>
> Thanks and Have a Happy New Year!!!
>
> Claire Livingston
> Oceanographer
> Naval Oceanographic Office
> Stennis Space Center
> (228) 689-8263
> livingstonc@navo.navy.mil

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450