Re: conset command

Hi Claire,
There are some newer command qualifiers to make it easier to control the CONTOUR
command.  These are completely equivalent to using the PPL CONSET command
but don't need the PPL syntax.  Here are the lines from the Commands Reference section
of the documentation, under CONTOUR.  (I'll see if I can make it more obvious in the
other discussions of contouring.)

CONTOUR/SIZE=
Controls the size of characters in the contour labels, using PLOT+ definition of "inches" .
Default is 0.8'. See example under CONTOUR/SPACING  below.

CONTOUR/SIGDIG=
Sets the number of significant digits for contour labels.  Default is 2.  See example under
CONTOUR/SPACING  below.

CONTOUR/SPACING=
Sets spacing for contour lines, using PLOT+ definition of "inches".  The default spacing is
5.0. (See the CONSET command in the on-line PLOT+ Users Guide)

Example o f CONTOUR/SIZE/SIGDIG/SPACING

yes? LET my_field = SIN(X[x=1:6:.1])*COS(Y[y=1:6:0.1])
yes? CONTOUR/SIGDIG=1/SIZE=0.15/SPACING=3 my_field

Specifies contour labels with a single significant digit using characters of height 0.15 "inches"
at a nominal spacing of 3 "inches", consistent with the PLOT+ usage of "inches". (These are
the same units as in, say, "ppl axlen 8,6", to specify plot axes of lengths 8 and 6 inches for
horizontal and vertical axes, respectively.)

Livingston, Claire wrote:
First of all...
Happy Holidays everyone!!

Ok, now my problem.
I'm trying to make my contour labels larger.  I found the command:
ppl conset 0.15
but no change in my plot.  I even went nuts and changed the 0.15 to a 0.5;
still no change.
So, I used the command ppl conpst @CIcm to add "cm" to my contour label, and
lo and behold, it took!  At least I know some ppl con... commands are
working.

Are there versions of Ferret that won't recognize conset?  I downloaded this
version 2 years ago.
Any suggestions how to make this work?

Thanks and Have a Happy New Year!!!

Claire Livingston