Re: significant digits on color bar

Hi Masoud,
Use FILL/KEY=cont  and SHAKEY together.

SHAKEY is the best way to control the number of digits in the colorbar
labels. The qualifier /key=cont gives you all the functionality of the
ccbar script, but is simpler to use.

What version of Ferret are you running?  If it is version 5.6 or higher, you
have complete control over the the number of digits using the fifth argument
of SHAKEY.   That argument, klab_dig, is the number of significant figures
in the labels if it is positive, or if you set it to  a negative number, then
ABS(klab_dig) is the number of digits after the decimal point.

For example,

yes? use levitus_climatology
yes? let var = salt[k=1]/100
yes? fill/lev=(0, 0.5, 0.061)/key=cont/set  var
yes? ppl shakey,1,1,0.1,1,-3
yes? ppl fill

Masoud Sadrinasab wrote:
Hi ferreters

I have done a plot with

contour/fill/nolabels/lev=(low,high,step)/key=cont my_var[k=1,l=1]

but I am not able to control the number of digits of its color bar.

I have tried to use ccbar.jnl, and then, after

go ccbar  go ccbar .93,.96, .2, .8 low, high, step, v

the main figure desapear resulting only the colorbar; and then I've tried

ppl fill

to try recover the main figure, worthless !!! The main figure went to a window set up by ccbar coordinates.

I have already tried use shakey, but I didn't find one way to remove the horizontal lines from colorbar when using shakey.

In sum, I want a continuous colorbar and some control about its number of digits.
Any suggestion will be very wellcome!

Thank's in advanced

Masoud

Masoud Sadrinasab