Re: Fprint error

Hi all,
After communicating off-line, Toni and I determined that this was due to
a sequence like this in his script:

yes? set mode meta
yes? plot var1

yes? ppl axlsze 0.14,0.14
yes? ppl labset 0.12,0.15,0.15
yes? ppl plot

yes? plot/over var2

The PPL commands need to follow a PLOT/SET command. As they
stand above, the PLOT command is a complete plotting command,
and then the PPL PLOT causes Ferret to close the metafile and open
a new one. The command

yes? plot var1
should be

yes? plot/set var1

Alternatively, since the AXLSZE and LABSET commands are not reset
by Ferret commands, they could also be issued at the start of the journal
file and would apply to all subsequent commands. So the script could also
be written as follows

yes? set mode meta
yes? ppl axlsze 0.14,0.14
yes? ppl labset 0.12,0.15,0.15

yes? plot var1
yes? plot/over var2

Look up "PPLUS, for plot customization" in the Ferret Users Guide for a
discussion of the different plot settings made by Ferret and PPLUS commands.

Toni Mira wrote:

Dear Ferret users,

When I run Fprint in order to obtain a ps file I obtain the following error message:

yes? set mode metafile
yes? go problem_ps.jnl
.../...
yes? cancel mode metafile
yes? quit

>Fprint -o my_plot.ps metafile.plt
greadgksm() 165 Content of item data record is invalid for the specified item type

Has anybody ever had this problem?

Regards.

Toni