Re: How to contour a variable in 12 cdf files?

Hi Steven,

The Ferret documentation at
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/fer_html.htm
explains how to create a single data set from a collection of netCDF files.  In the left hand frame, navigate to MC Data sets.  MC descriptor files are explained starting here.

OR

You can use the HLIMITS modifier in your CONTOUR, FILL, or SHADE command to expand the horizontal axis, then use the OVER modifier to draw on the same plot.

1. Open all data sets in a Ferret session
2. yes? CONTOUR/HLIMITS=1-jan-yyyy:31-dec-yyyy temperature[d=1]
3. yes? CONTOUR/OVER temperature[d=2]
4. etc.

Joe
Zibiao Zhang wrote:

Hi all,

I am a new user of ferret. I have 12 cdf files, from Jan to Dec, they all contain same variables, such as temperature, with I = 1:1, j=1:1, k=1:13, l=1:30,

How can I plot a contour of temperature: x axis is time serious of 12 months, y is the depth which is k?

Thanks for your help.

steven