dummy index with REPEAT command ?

Hello again !

I would like to know if it is possible to use a "dummy" index with the REPEAT command instead of x, y, z, t, i, j, k or l.

I use the REPEAT command to execute a script several times for different values ranging from 1 to 20. Let's say :

REPEAT/l=1:20 (GO my_script data.nc `l`)

It works here if my_script.jnl only uses the variables of data.nc that are not defined along the l-axis.

But if I want to use variables of file.nc that are defined on i-, j-, k- and l-axis, how can I do ?
If I use one of their axis (i, j, k or l) as here above, the script will crash because of **ERROR: dimensions improperly specified: must be a 2D region when using the FILL command, of course.

Does anyone have any idea ? Thanks in advance !

Emilie V.