Re: ferret_paths file for BASH

Sebastien Biraud <scbiraud@lbl.gov> writes:
| Dear Ferret Users,
|
| I recently installed ferret v5.53 on a Linux redhat v9 (Shrike)
| system. After completing every step described in the installation
| guide, I
| sourced ferret_paths file. Unfortunately, this produces
| a bunch of error because this script was not made to run
| under BASH.
|
| I modified ferret_paths file to make this work, but I was wondering if
| any of you guys have a full proof script that would work for all
| shells (ksh, csh, bash,...).

Hi,
a quicker way to make things work is to make a separate script that
starts up ferret. I currently do it with this script (Redhat, but that
does not matter)

/avle@tindved: > which ferret
/Home/tindved/avle/linux/bin/ferret
/avle@tindved: > cat linux/bin/ferret
#!/bin/tcsh

# 5.53 for rh71
source ~/linux/bin/ferret_paths5.53

# add some personal hacks
Faddpath $HOME/ferret/gridlines

exec /scratch/avle/Ferret5.53/bin/ferret -nojnl $*

/avle@tindved: >

the downside is that I cannot execute the utility scripts like
e.g. Fprint from bash, but I normally do that from inside ferret
anyway. (using «sp Fprint ...» )

--
Helge