Re: Vectors on polar stereographic plots

Stephen,

I noticed a while back that the Ferret vector command does not work correctly on
map projections.  It is especially obvious near the poles.  I wrote a script to
draw vectors that do work on map projections.  It has the advantage that you can
fill the vector because it is a polygon.  You can fill it with some other
variable, temperature for instance, and that can be quite useful.  Ansley Manke
has modified my script and included it as a Ferret function called
mp_poly_vectors.jnl.  There is also a non-projected version called
poly_vectors.jnl.  The Ferret manual points to this if you go to "Vector" in the
index and below that click on "as filled polygons".

--
Edward D. (Ned) Cokelet, Ph.D.      Edward.D.Cokelet@noaa.gov
NOAA/PMEL                                   ph: (206) 526-6820